Xiao-Wei Chen, Ph.D.
Laboratory of Molecular Metabolic Control
Room 220, Pacific Building, 52 Haidian Road
Peking University, Beijing, China 100871
Dr. Xiao-Wei Chen received his B.S. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and B.A. in Economics from Peking University in 2002. He then obtained his Ph.D. in Physiology from the University of Michigan in 2008. He conducted his postdoctoral training at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute and the Life Sciences Institute at the University of Michigan, where he was subsequently appointed as a research investigator in 2013. In September 2014, he joined IMM as a full-time investigator.
1. Chen XW, Wang H, Pahuja KB, Zhang P, Meng ZX, Ma D, Bai Y, Liu H, Adams E, Baines A, Yu G, Sartor MA, Zhang B, Yi Z, Young SG, Schekman R, and Ginsburg D. SEC24A Deficiency Lowers Plasma Cholesterol through Reduced PCSK9 Secretion. eLife 2013 Apr 9;2:e00444. (Editor’s choice; also commented by DeBose-Boyd and Horton; highlighted by Faculty of 1000)
2. Chen XW, Saltiel AR. Ral’s Engagement with the Exocyst: Breaking UP is Hard to Do. Cell Cycle 2011 Jul;10(14):2299-304.
3. Chen XW, Leto D, Xiao J, Goss J, Wang Q, Shavit JA, Xiong TT, Yu GG, Toomre D, Ginsburg D, Xu Z, and Saltiel AR. Exocyst Function is Regulated by Effector Phosphorylation. Nature Cell Biol. 2011 May; 13(5):580-8. (Highlighted by Faculty of 1000)
4. Chen XW, Leto D, Xiong TT, Yu GG, Decker SJ, and Saltiel AR. A Ral GAP Complex Links PI 3-Kinase/Akt Signaling to RalA Activation in Insulin Action. Mol. Biol. Cell 2011 Jan; 22 (1):141-52. (Editorial Highlighted Paper)
5. Chen XW, Leto D, Chiang SH, Wang Q, Saltiel AR. The Activation of RalA is Required for Insulin-Stimulated Glut4 Trafficking to the Plasma Membrane via the Exocyst and the Motor Protein Myo1c. Dev. Cell 2007 Sep; 13(3):391-404.
6. Chen XW, Saltiel AR. TIRFing out Studies on Glut4 Trafficking. Dev. Cell 2007 Jan; 12(1):4-5.
7. Chen XW, Inoue M, Hsu SC, Saliel AR. RalA-Exocyst Dependent Recycling Endosome Trafficking is Required for the Completion of Cytokinesis. J Biol. Chem. 2006 Dec 15; 281(50): 38609-16.
8. Martin TD, Chen XW, Saltiel AR, Walker CL, Reiner DJ, Der CJ. Ral and Rheb GTPase Activating Proteins Integrate mTOR and GTPase Signaling in Ageing, Autophagy, and Tumor Cell Invasion. Molecular Cell (Cover story)
9. Xiao J, Chen XW, Davies BA, Saltiel AR, Katzmann D, and Xu Z. Structural Basis of Ist1 Function and Ist1-Did2 Interaction in MVB Pathway and Cytokinesis. Mol. Biol. Cell 2009 Aug; 20(15):3514-24.
10. Wang Q, Chen XW, Margolis B. Pals1 Regulates E-cadherin Trafficking in Mammalian Epithelial Cells. Mol. Biol. Cell 2007 Mar; 18(3):874-85.