Yan Mei Liu, Ph.D.
Laboratory of Cell Secretion & Metabolism
Institute of Molecular Medicine,
Peking University, Beijing, China 100871
Dr. Yanmei Liu received her bachelor and master’s degrees of medical science from Peking University in 2001. Then she joined Prof. Zilong Wen’s laboratory and got her Ph.D. degree from National University of Singapore in 2007. From 2007 to 2012, she obtained her postdoctoral training in Prof. Michele Solimena’s laboratory in the medical school of Dresden University of Technology in Germany. From 2013, she starts to work in the Institute of Molecular Medicine, Peking University.
Research Interests: in vivo signals and mechanisms regulating pancreatic beta cell functional maturation; the regulatory effects of alpha cells on beta cells development and function.
1. Yuan T, Liu L, Zhang Y, Wei L, Zhao S, Zheng X, Huang X, Boulanger J, Gueudry C, Lu J, Xie L, Du W, Zong W, Yang L, Salamero J, Liu Y*, Chen L*. Diacylglycerol Guides the Hopping of Clathrin-Coated Pits along Microtubules for Exo-Endocytosis Coupling. Dev Cell. 2015 12;35(1):120-30.
2. Ivanova A, Kalaidzidis Y, Dirkx R, Sarov M, Gerlach M, Schroth-Diez B, Müller A, Liu Y, Andree C, Mulligan B, Münster C, Kurth T, Bickle M, Speier S, Anastassiadis K, Solimena M. Age-dependent labeling and imaging of insulin secretory granules. Diabetes. 2013 Nov;62(11):3687-96.
3. Du L, Xu J, Li X, Ma N, Liu Y, Peng J, Osato M, Zhang W, Wen Z. Rumba and Haus3 are essential factors for the maintenance of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells during zebrafish hematopoiesis. Development. 2011 Feb;138(4):619-29.
4. Liu Y, Suckale J, Masjkur J, Magro MG, Steffen A, Anastassiadis K, Solimena M. Tamoxifen-independent recombination in the RIP-CreER mouse. PLoS One. 2010 Oct 22;5(10):e13533.
5. Liu Y, Mziaut H, Ivanova A, Solimena M.beta-Cells at the crossroads: choosing between insulin granule production and proliferation. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2009 Nov;11 Suppl 4:54-64.
6. Liu Y, Du L, Osato M, Teo EH, Qian F, Jin H, Zhen F, Xu J, Guo L, Huang H, Chen J, Geisler R, Jiang YJ, Peng J, Wen Z. The zebrafish udu gene encodes a novel nuclear factor and is essential for primitive erythroid cell development. Blood. 2007 Jul 1;110(1):99-106.