Aibin He, Ph.D.
Laboratory of Epigenetics and Heart Diseases of Institute of Molecular Medicine, Peking University
Fellow, Peking-Tsinghua University Joint Center for Life Sciences
Integrated Sciences Research Building, Room 220-221, Peking University, Beijing 100871
Dr. He received his B.S. in Biochemistry at Hubei University in 1999, and his Ph.D in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology from Institute of Basic Medical Sciences at Peking Union Medical College, Beijing in 2007. He did his Postdoctoral training on the epigenetic regulation of heart development with Dr. William T. Pu at Department of Cardiology of Boston Children’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School from 2007 to 2012. He was promoted as a faculty at the level of Instructor at Boston Children’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School in 2013. Recently Dr. He was recruited as the Principal Investigator of the laboratory of epigenetics and heart diseases of Institute of Molecular Medicine at Peking University in 2013. He joined Peking-Tsinghua University Joint Center for Life Sciences as a Fellow.
1. Ai S, Xiong H, Li CC, Luo Y, Shi Q, Liu Y, Yu X, Li C and He A. Profiling chromatin states using single-cell itChIP-seq. Nature Cell Biology. 2019.
2. Wang Q, Xiong H, Ai S, Yu X, Liu Y, Zhang J and He A. CoBATCH for High-throughput Single-cell Epigenomic Profiling. Mol Cell. 2019.
3. Xiong H, Luo Y, Yue Y, Zhang J, Ai S, Li X, Wang X, Zhang YL, Wei Y, Li H, Hu X, Li C and He A. Single-Cell Transcriptomics Reveals Chemotaxis Mediated Intra-Organ Crosstalk During Cardiogenesis. Circ Res. 2019.
4. Li Y, Ai S, Yu X, Li C, Li X, Yue Y, Wei Y, Li CY# and He A#. Replication-Independent Histone Turnover Underlines the Epigenetic Homeostasis in Adult Heart. Circ Res. 2019.
5. Liu L, Cai J, Wang H, Liang X, Zhou Q, Ding C, Zhu Y, Fu T, Guo Q, Xu Z, Xiao L, Liu J, Yin Y, Fang L, Xue B, Wang Y, Meng ZX, He A, Li JL, Liu Y, Chen XW and Gan Z. Coupling of COPII vesicle trafficking to nutrient availability by the IRE1alpha-XBP1s axis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2019;116:11776-11785.
6. Ma C, Niu R, Huang T, Shao LW, Peng Y, Ding W, Wang Y, Jia G, He C, Li CY, He A and Liu Y. N6-methyldeoxyadenine is a transgenerational epigenetic signal for mitochondrial stress adaptation. Nat Cell Biol. 2019;21:319-327.
7. An NA, Ding W, Yang XZ, Peng J, He BZ, Shen QS, Lu F, He A, Zhang YE, Tan BC, Chen JY and Li CY. Evolutionarily significant A-to-I RNA editing events originated through G-to-A mutations in primates. Genome Biol. 2019;20:24.
8. Li Y, Li C, Li S, Peng Q, An NA, He A# and Li CY#. Human exonization through differential nucleosome occupancy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018;115:8817-8822.
9. Zhang M, Dong Y, Hu F, Yang D, Zhao Q, Lv C, Wang Y, Xia C, Weng Q, Liu X, Li C, Zhou P, Wang T, Guan Y, Guo R, Liu L, Geng Y, Wu H, Du J, Hu Z, Xu S, Chen J, He A, Liu B, Wang D, Yang YG and Wang J. Transcription factor Hoxb5 reprograms B cells into functional T lymphocytes. Nat Immunol. 2018;19:279-290.
10. Zhou P, Gu F, Zhang L, Akerberg BN, Ma Q, Li K, He A, Lin Z, Stevens SM, Zhou B and Pu WT. Mapping cell type-specific transcriptional enhancers using high affinity, lineage-specific Ep300 bioChIP-seq. Elife. 2017;6.
11. Zhang S-J, Wang C, Yan S, Fu A, Luan X, Li Y, Sunny Shen Q, Zhong X, Chen J-Y, Wang X, Chin-Ming Tan B, He A and Li C-Y. Isoform Evolution in Primates through Independent Combination of Alternative RNA Processing Events. Mol Biol Evol. 2017;34:2453-2468.
12. Yang Y, Liu B, Xu J, Wang J, Wu J, Shi C, Xu Y, Dong J, Wang C, Lai W, Zhu J, Xiong L, Zhu D, Li X, Yang W, Yamauchi T, Sugawara A, Li Z, Sun F, Li X, Li C, He A, Du Y, Wang T, Zhao C, Li H, Chi X, Zhang H, Liu Y, Li C, Duo S, Yin M, Shen H, Belmonte JCI and Deng H. Derivation of Pluripotent Stem Cells with In Vivo Embryonic and Extraembryonic Potency. Cell. 2017;169:243-257.e25.
13. Wang F, Song W, Zhao H, Ma Y, Li Y, Zhai D, Pi J, Si Y, Xu J, Dong L, Su R, Zhang M, Zhu Y, Ren X, Miao F, Liu W, Li F, Zhang J, He A, Shan G, Hui J, Wang L and Yu J. The RNA-binding protein QKI5 regulates primary miR-124-1 processing via a distal RNA motif during erythropoiesis. Cell Res. 2017;27:416-439.
14. Han X, Li P, Yang Z, Huang X, Wei G, Sun Y, Kang X, Hu X, Deng Q, Chen L, He A, Huo Y, Li D, Betzig E and Luo J. Zyxin regulates endothelial von Willebrand factor secretion by reorganizing actin filaments around exocytic granules. Nat Commun. 2017;8:14639.
15. Ai S, Yu X, Li Y, Peng Y, Li C, Yue Y, Tao G, Li C-Y, Pu WT and He A. Divergent Requirements for EZH1 in Heart Development Versus Regeneration. Circ Res. 2017;121:106-112.
16. Ai S, Peng Y, Li C, Gu F, Yu X, Yue Y, Ma Q, Chen J, Lin Z, Zhou P, Xie H, Prendiville TW, Zheng W, Liu Y, Orkin SH, Wang D-Z, Yu J, Pu WT# and He A#. EED orchestration of heart maturation through interaction with HDACs is H3K27me3-independent. Elife. 2017;6.
17. Lin Z, Guo H, Cao Y, Zohrabian S, Zhou P, Ma Q, VanDusen N, Guo Y, Zhang J, Stevens SM, Liang F, Quan Q, van Gorp PR, Li A, Dos Remedios C, He A, Bezzerides VJ, Pu WT. Acetylation of VGLL4 Regulates Hippo-YAP Signaling and Postnatal Cardiac Growth. Dev Cell. 2016.
18. Xiao C, Gao L, Hou Y, Xu C, Chang N, Wang F, Hu K, He A, Luo Y, Wang J, Peng J, Tang F, Zhu X, Xiong JW. Chromatin-remodelling factor Brg1 regulates myocardial proliferation and regeneration in zebrafish. Nat Commun. 2016;7:13787.
19. Chen JY, Shen QS, Zhou WZ, Peng J, He BZ, Li Y, Liu CJ, Luan X, Ding W, Li S, Chen C, Tan BC, Zhang YE, He A#, Li CY#. Emergence, Retention and Selection: A Trilogy of Origination for Functional De Novo Proteins from Ancestral LncRNAs in Primates. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005391. Co-corresponding authors
20. Prendiville TW, Guo H, Lin Z, Zhou P, Stevens SM, He A, VanDusen N, Chen J, Zhong L, Wang DZ, Gao G, Pu WT. Novel Roles of GATA4/6 in the Postnatal Heart Identified through Temporally Controlled, Cardiomyocyte-Specific Gene Inactivation by Adeno-Associated Virus Delivery of Cre Recombinase. PLoS One. 2015;10:e0128105.
21. Aronson BE, Rabello Aronson S, Berkhout RP, Chavoushi SF, He A, Pu WT, Verzi MP, Krasinski SD. GATA4 represses an ileal program of gene expression in the proximal small intestine by inhibiting the acetylation of histone H3, lysine 27. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014.
22. Prendiville TW, Ma Q, Lin Z, Zhou P, He A, Pu WT. Ultrasound-guided Transthoracic Intramyocardial Injection in Mice. J Vis Exp. 2014.
23. He A#, Gu F, Hu Y, Ma Q, Yi Ye L, Akiyama JA, Visel A, Pennacchio LA, Pu WT#. Dynamic GATA4 enhancers shape the chromatin landscape central to heart development and disease. Nat Commun. 2014;5:4907. Co-corresponding authors
24. Wang G, McCain ML, Yang L, He A, Pasqualini FS, Agarwal A, Yuan H, Jiang D, Zhang D, Zangi L, Geva J, Roberts AE, Ma Q, Ding J, Chen J, Wang DZ, Li K, Wang J, Wanders RJ, Kulik W, Vaz FM, Laflamme MA, Murry CE, Chien KR, Kelley RI, Church GM, Parker KK, Pu WT. Modeling the mitochondrial cardiomyopathy of Barth syndrome with induced pluripotent stem cell and heart-on-chip technologies. Nat Med. 2014;20:616-23.
25. Wang F, Zhu Y, Guo L, Dong L, Liu H, Yin H, Zhang Z, Li Y, Liu C, Ma Y, Song W, He A, Wang Q, Wang L, Zhang J, Li J, Yu J. A regulatory circuit comprising GATA1/2 switch and microRNA-27a/24 promotes erythropoiesis. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:442-57.
26. Zhou P, Zhang Y, Ma Q, Gu F, Day DS, He A, Zhou B, Li J, Stevens SM, Romo D, Pu WT. Interrogating translational efficiency and lineage-specific transcriptomes using ribosome affinity purification. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:15395-400.
27. He A, Ma Q, Cao J, von Gise A, Zhou P, Xie H, Zhang B, Hsing M, Christodoulou DC, Cahan P, Daley GQ, Kong SW, Orkin SH, Seidman CE, Seidman JG, Pu WT. Polycomb Repressive Complex 2 Regulates Normal Development of the Mouse Heart. Circ Res. 2012;110:406-15.
28. He A#, Pu WT. Mature Cardiomyocytes Recall Their Progenitor Experience Via Polycomb Repressive Complex 2. Circ Res. 2012;111:162-4. Co-corresponding authors
29. Zhou P, He A, Pu WT. Regulation of GATA4 Transcriptional Activity in Cardiovascular Development and Disease. Curr Top Dev Biol. 2012;100:143-69.
30. He A, Shen X, Ma Q, Cao J, von Gise A, Zhou P, Wang G, Marquez VE, Orkin SH, Pu WT. PRC2 directly methylates GATA4 and represses its transcriptional activity. Genes Dev. 2012;26:37-42.
31. Ounzain S, Kobayashi S, Peterson RE, He A, Motterle A, Samani NJ, Menick DR, Pu WT, Liang Q, Chong NW. Cardiac expression of ms1/STARS, a novel gene involved in cardiac development and disease, is regulated by GATA4. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:1830-43.
32. Kuttippurathu L, Hsing M, Liu Y, Schmidt B, Maskell DL, Lee K, He A, Pu WT, Kong SW. CompleteMOTIFs: DNA motif discovery platform for transcription factor binding experiments. Bioinformatics. 2011;27:715-7.
33. Seok HY, Tatsuguchi M, Callis TE, He A, Pu WT, Wang DZ. miR-155 inhibits expression of the MEF2A protein to repress skeletal muscle differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:35339-46.
34. He A, Kong SW, Ma Q, Pu WT. Co-occupancy by multiple cardiac transcription factors identifies transcriptional enhancers active in heart. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:5632-7.
35. He A, Pu WT. Genome-wide location analysis by pull down of in vivo biotinylated transcription factors. Curr Protoc Mol Biol. 2010;Chapter 21:Unit 21.20.
36. Ikeda S, He A, Kong SW, Lu J, Bejar R, Bodyak N, Lee KH, Ma Q, Kang PM, Golub TR, Pu WT. MicroRNA-1 negatively regulates expression of the hypertrophy-associated calmodulin and Mef2a genes. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:2193-204.
37. Yang C, Yang Y, Gupta N, Liu X, He A, Liu L, Zuo J, Chang Y, Fang F. Pentaspan membrane glycoprotein, prominin-1, is involved in glucose metabolism and cytoskeleton alteration. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2007;72:854-62.
38. He A, Liu X, Liu L, Chang Y, Fang F. How many signals impinge on GLUT4 activation by insulin? Cell Signal. 2007;19:1-7.
39. He A, Zhu L, Gupta N, Chang Y, Fang F. Overexpression of micro ribonucleic acid 29, highly up-regulated in diabetic rats, leads to insulin resistance in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Mol Endocrinol. 2007;21:2785-94.